Out of the 39 drilling rigs owned by Shelf Drilling, the status breakdown follows:
- 2 newbuilds are under construction in UAE.
- 24 rigs are still operating in Egypt (3), India (6), Italy (1), Nigeria (3), Qatar (1), Saudi Arabia (6), Thailand (1) and the UAE (3).
- 13 are stacked/idling in Cameroon (1), Egypt (1), India (2), Indonesia (1), Malaysia (4), Nigeria (2), Singapore (1) and the UAE (1).
Shelf Drilling – Company Overview
Shelf Drilling is the world’s second largest contractor of independent-leg cantilever (ILC) jack-up rigs. We are headquartered in Dubai with rig operations in 2014 in 12 countries across four core operating regions – Southeast Asia, India, West Africa and MENAM (Middle East, North Africa & Mediterranean). Our strategy is to maintain a sole focus on shallow water drilling services and leverage decades of industry experience and an outstanding track record to provide best-in-class drilling operations for our customers.
Shelf Drilling is:
- A market leader with dedicated focus on jack-up operations and fit-for-purpose business model
- Geographically diversified with a long-term commitment to our existing footprint
- Committed to safety and operational excellence
- Focused on building strong long-term relationships with customers and suppliers
- Led by an experienced team with proven industry leadership
Shelf Drilling’s dedicated focus on jack-up rigs, geographic diversity, safe operations, customer relationships and experienced management team make Shelf Drilling the preferred choice for customers, employees and stakeholders.